Recipe by Audrey M
I found this recipe in Fix-It and Enjoy-It Cookbook. These pork chops are full of flavor and very tender.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 pork loin chops, 3/4 thick
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the first 10 ingredeints (through pepper).
- Dredge pork chops on both sides in dry mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Brown chops on both sides. Don't crowd the skillet.
- Place in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, water, and brown sugar. Pour over chops.
- Bake uncovered, at 35o degrees for 1 hour or until tender.
- I cooked this recipe in the crock pot for 8 hours on Low and it turned out great.