Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe by Nigella Lawson.
- 1 kg plum
- 375 ml water
- 125 ml honey
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in two
- 2 star anise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 160C (320F).
- Cut the plums in half and remove stone.
- Place plums in large dish, in a flat layer, cut side down.
- Put all other ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Pour the syrup over the plums and cover tightly with a lid of foil.
- Place the plums in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove foil and leave to cool slightly.
- These reheat easily on top of the stove.
really liked this-served it with mascapone with some grated lemon rind, lemon juice and some icing sugar-so lovely, really light and refreshing. We didnt have any cinnamon sticks in so used cinnamon powder which worked ok too
THESE ARE AWESOME. Sooo easy...sooo yummy. I only had 6 plums thinking that would be enough for the 3 of us. WRONG!!! The flavors are fabulous - not too sweet, not too spicy. This will be made repeatedly! ETA that peaches work very well with this recipe!! And it's great that dessert cooks while you're eating dinner!