Recipe by Ju_Staniford
This is a mildly spicy chicken dish that I adapted from a recipe in Good Food Magazine. I have only tried it with prunes so far and cannot vouch for how it would turn out with mi-cuit plums.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 280 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 200 g mi-cuit plums or 200 g ready to eat prunes, stoned and halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook until just golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute only, then add the spices and stir for another minute.
- Add the chicken strips and cook until browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add the stock and paste and cook for 15 - 20 minutes on a medium-low heat, remembering to add the plums/prunes for the last 5 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice or cous cous.