Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From my Lion's Club cookbook. According to the book, this recipe was a 1st place winner at the Los Angeles County Fair in 1979.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- In small mixer bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon colored.
- Combine oil, honey and undrained crushed pineapple.
- Fold into beaten eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture.
- Blend only until well mixed.
- Spoon into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done in center.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and complete cooling on rack.