Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted per a request. Cannercarol, at an extinct canning website, gave this recipe to me when I was trying to duplicate one I had tasted years ago. It's great on bran muffins (don't laugh), crackers, biscuits (and now I want to try it on scones). Prep time and cook time are estimated. Does not include time in boiling bath or standing time
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple (canned)
- 1 package dry pectin
- 2 tablespoons mixed pickling spices
- 3 cups sugar
- Add water to pineapple to make 3 1/4 cups.
- Place in 6 quart saucepan.
- Tie spices in bag.
- Add spicebag and pectin to pineapple in saucepan.
- Cook over high heat until mixture boils.
- Add sugar all at once.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove spicebag.
- Ladle into hot jars.
- Wipe rims.
- Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
- Takes about 2 weeks to set.
- NOTE: There may be some liquid on top of jars with jam set underneath.
- This is fine- it's caused because of the acid in the fruit.