Pineapple jam with spices added. I had allot of pineapple and needed to use it up, so I went looking for jam recipes. I could only find plain fruit jams, so I saw this recipe on the net for this Asian jam for jam tarts, but it took along time to cook. There was no name to the original recipe. So I took the spices, add more and then put it with the pectin pineapple jam I have made in the past. Hope you like it, it is good on toast, but allot of people have told me it is great on ice cream. I like it with ham. Time does not count 1 hour soak. Cooking time has canning time added to it.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the pineapple, cloves, stick of cinnamon and 1 cup of sugar in a pan and let stand for 1 hour.
- 2After 1 hour, add the remaining sugar and place the pan over a medium-high heat; stir constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- 3Bring the mix to a rolling boil for two minutes.
- 4Remove the pan from the flame and skim off any foam that accumulates.
- 5Place the pan over the heat again for 1 minute to boil.
- 6Again, remove and skim off the foam. Add the butter and bring the mixture to a boil again.
- 7Take off heat, take out the cloves and stick of cinnamon. Add the 1sp ground cinnamon, add the pectin and stir constantly.
- 8Bring to a rolling boil again for 1 minute. Take of heat and skim off the foam.
- 9Allow the jam to cool for 5/10 minutes.
- 10Ladle into canning jars. Wipe rim with sterilized cloth.
- 11Apply lids then rings and tighten to fingertip tightness.
- 12Process in a water bath for your altitude time.
- 13P.S. I know it seems like allot of boiling time, but pineapple is a hard fruit and this foams allot. You can also use canned pineapple, just make sure it is not in sugar syrup and can skip the 1 hour soaking time.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Pineapple Jam
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 25.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 197.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 183.8 g
- Protein 0.5 g