Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An old fashioned recipe from the New England chapter of the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947. While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these techniques, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
- Place pumpkin in a kettle.
- In another pot, add vinegar to sugar and heat to the boiling point.
- Tie the spices in cheesecloth and add to vinegar/sugar mixture.
- Boil 5 minutes; pour over pumpkin cubes.
- Cook the pumpkin in the syrup until just tender.
- Place in sterilized jars and seal at once.