Recipe by RecipeMonster
I got this recipe from a friend many years ago, been making them ever since. We like them on sandwiches, bugers, salads and on the side of just about what ever your having for dinner!!
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small bay leaf, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon anise seed
- 2 medium sweet onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick rings
- 1 small green sweet peppers or 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 -2 teaspoon finely diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon torn cilantro leaves or 1 -2 tablespoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine vinegar, honey, bay leaf, mustard seed, allspice, aniseed - bring to boiling.
- Boil 3 minutes.
- Add onions, stir until onions turn limp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in peppers and cilantro. Cool. Put into a pint jar.
- Cover, store in the refrigerator up to a week.