Prep 4 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon rum, darker the better
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack in middle.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with silpat or parchment.
- Spread pecans and toast 4 minutes. Rotate sheet and toast until fragrant about 4 more minutes.
- Place on wire rack or top of stove.
- Stir together sugar, salt and cinnamon and cloves and allspice in a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan bring the glaze ingredients to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pecans and cook, stirring contsantly with silpat or wooden spoon until the liquid is evaporated.
- Move nuts to spice bowl, toss well to coat.
- Return to baking sheet to cool before serving.