Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from the Thanksgiving edition of Living magazine. Posting for safe keeping.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3⁄4 cup raw pepitas (hulled green pumpkin seeds)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss together pecans, pepitas, oil, chili powder, and salted on a rimmed baking sheet, and spread in a single layer.
- Bake, stirring once, until well toasted, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Mixture can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Really good and really easy! Just the right amount of spiciness. I cut the amount of salt in half, but otherwise made as written. Made a nice addition to a snack tray for watching football. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.