Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
From the Cuisinart website. It sounds like it would be amazing for a cheesecake crust or a pumpkin pie! The original recipes says you need a spice grinder to grind one whole cinnamon stick and one whole nutmeg with the pecans. I am altering it and substituting 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg. So you may want to base it a little on taste. Chop the pecans in a mini-food chopper if you have one!
Top Review by PinkLeaf
I made this crust with pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dinner. My family raved about it! I altered the recipe slightly in the following ways: I used didn't toast the pecans to save time. I used 10 Biscoff cookies instead of graham crackers, which ends up being 2/3 cup of crumbs. I used salted butter because I didn't have any unsalted butter on hand. I omitted the nutmeg since the Biscoff cookies have enough flavor to them. And I used just 2 tablespoons of butter.
Here's my method: I added whole pecans and whole Biscoff cookies to my Vita-Mix, then added the spices. This saved so much time! Then I transferred the mixture to a bowl and incorporated the butter and vanilla. Once in the oven the crust browned very quickly so using untoasted pecans seemed to work out. When I actually baked my pumpkin pie, the crust almost burned! I had to cover the whole pie with aluminum foil to protect it. Next time, I plan to bake the crust for a little less time prevent this from happening again.
Fortunately, my pie ended up being just a tad too brown, but not at all burned. It was a wonderful twist on regular pumpkin pie. The crust is very rich and I may add even less butter next time. Thank you for the recipe SaraBeth!
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 177.44 ml pecans, toasted and cooled, very finely chopped
- 158.51 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 44.37 ml light brown sugar
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml table salt
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2.46 ml pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Reserve.
- Place the spices, pecans, graham cracker crumbs and sugars in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add the butter and vanilla until mixture is moist. Note: all of the butter may not be needed.
- Press the mixture into and up the sides of the prepared pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.