Recipe by Chef mariajane
Rouse the troops this weekend with an extra special breakfast or brunch of pecan pancakes with homemade maple raisin syrup. As the syrup simmers away, you can assemble the pancake batter. You'll be surprised how easy they are to make and how quickly they become a family favorite!!
MAPLE RAISIN SYRUP
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon crisco canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- MAPLE RAISIN SYRUP: Combine syrup and raisins in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer while preparing pancakes.
- PANCAKES: Mix first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth. Add dry ingredients except pecans. Whisk until blended.
- Grease a griddle or nonstick pan and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Drop pancake batter by 1/4 cupfuls. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cook until edges are bubbly. Turn and cook an additional 1-2 minutes, until golden brown .
- Serve with warm maple raisin syrup.