Recipe by JustEmma
This comes from the 'Soup Kitchen' cookbook and was teamed with the Cauliflower & Dolcelatte soup. As an added benefit it also goes incredably well with cold cuts of pork or chicken!
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 2 large ripe eating pears
- 1 eating apple (a variety that will hold its shape when cooked, such as Golden Delicious)
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup cider
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 sprigs lemon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the apple and pears into small chunks. Melt butter in a small pan and add the fruit to it. Cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes until fruit begins to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue to cook, stirring constantly, for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon a dollop hot over Cauliflower or Brocolli soups or allow to cool and search with cold pork or chicken.