Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this pie. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe at Kraft. Use Bartlett or Bosc pears for best results.
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled pears
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 15 ounces refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pears, brown sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, ginger and cinnamon in large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for 2 crust pie, using 9-inch pie plate. Fill with fruit mixture. Dot with butter. Cover with second pie crust; seal and flute edge. Cut several slits into top crusts to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly. Cool.