Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from the Sunday coupons.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons enova brand oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 eggs or 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups pears, peeled and finely diced
- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, oil, vanilla extract, yogurt and egg in a small bowl; add to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Fold in diced pear.
- Spoon batter into 15 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle batter with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove from pans immediately.
- Place on a wire rack.
- Serve either warm or eat room temperature.