From my mom's canning recipe collection. I am hopeful my pear trees will yield big time this year. Adapted from Southern Living.
- Add all the ingredients to a dutch oven.
- Bring mixture to a boil and stir constantly.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 2 hours or until thickened.
- Skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Pour immediately into hot sterilized jars, filling to about 1/4 inch from the top.
- Remove air bubbles and wipe jar rims.
- Cover quickly with metal lids and screw on bands.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.