The fresh peaches and sweet potato helps make this grilled chicken dish delicious and different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 large ripe peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 small sweet potatoes or 1 small yam, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1Prepare charcoal or gas grill to medium-high heat or heat oven to 450 dg.
- 2Using heavy-duty aluminum foil, cut four pieces 2 1/2 ft. long. Fold each piece in half to make a large rectangle. Spray foil pieces generously with cooking spray.
- 3In large bowl stir together cumin, cilantro OR coriander, salt, oil and grated ginger. Rub half of this mixture over chicken and set aside.
- 4Stir lime juice into remaining mixture. Add peaches, sweet potato, pepper and scallions. Toss to coat and evenly place peach mixture on one half of each foil piece. Top each with seaoned chicken.
- 5Create a packet for by folding second half of foil over chicken and vegetables. Tightly seal sides and front edges, leaving space for steam to build.
- 6Place foil packets on grill rack over indirect heat (if gas, burners set medium-high) or place on cookie sheet in oven at 475 dg. Grill or bake 25 minutes. Open packets carefully, making sure sweet potato slices are tender, and transfer contents to 4 serving plates.
- 7Serve with rice or pilaf of your choice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Peachy Chicken Packets for Grill or Oven
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 391.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 29.7 g