Recipe by jonesies
This is a quick take on summer peach cobbler, taken from the Southern Living "Low-Fat, Low-Calories" cookbook.
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced or 2 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened white grape juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat baking mix
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped and toasted
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon butter flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peaches, grape juice, 2 tbsp sugar, and pie spice in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- As mixture comes to a boil, combine remaining 2 tbsp sugar, baking mix, and pecans in a small bowl.
- Stir in milk and butter flavoring.
- Spoon one-fourth of batter at a time onto boiling peach mixture.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 8 minutes or until dumplings are done.
- To serve, spoon peach mixture evenly into four individual dessert dishes; top each serving with a dumpling.