1/2 Photos of Spiced Peaches in Peach Wine
1 hr 25 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
These wonderful peaches make a great Christmas Gift. A little bit of summer during the cold dreary winter. Well worth the extra effort. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel peaches, leave whole and place in acid solution, while you finish peeling all the peaches.
- 2In a large pot, cook wine, white & brown sugars, lemon juice and one cinnamon stick.
- 3Stir until all sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to boil.
- 4Remove the cinnamon stick and reserve the syrup.
- 5Rinse the peaches.
- 6Stick two cloves into each peach and add the peaches to the reserved syrup, heating the peaches until slightly softened.
- 7Remove from heat and allow peaches to sit in syrup overnight at room temperature.
- 8Next day, remove the cinnamon and cloves from the peaches.
- 9Slice the peaches into thick wedges and place back into the syrup.
- 10Next add the shredded candied ginger into the peach mixture and reheat the peaches.
- 11Once the peaches are hot, pack tightly into hot sterilized jars, make sure to add 1 stick of cinnamon to each jar.
- 12Cover the peaches completely with hot syrup, make sure to release any air bubbles, adding more syrup if necessary.
- 13Clean the rims and seal the jars.
- 14Process quart jars for 25 minutes in a water bath canner.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Peaches in Peach Wine
Serving Size: 1 (814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.5
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 170.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 161.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: