Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
From B&G canning mag.
Make and share this Spiced Peaches recipe from Food.com.
- For syrup, in a large pot combine water, sugar, cloves and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Taker off heat and cool 30 minutes. Using slotted spoon remove cinnamon stick and discard. You can discard clove or keep them in syrup.
- While syrup is cooling, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Fill large bowl with ice water. Carefully lower two or three peaches into boiling water for 30-60 seconds. Pull out of hot water and put into ice water. When peaches are cool enough to handle, remove skins and discard skins. Repeat with the remaining peaches.
- Cut peaches in half. Remove and discard pitts. Slice peaches. To prevent discoloration, place peach slices immediately into ascorbic-acid solution.
- Once all peaches are sliced, pack peaches into hot sterlized quart jars, leaving 1/2" headspace.
- Return syrup to a boil. Ladle hot syrup into jars, covering peaches, remove bubbles. Leave 1/2" headspace. Wipe rims and add lids.
- Process in a water bath for 25 minutes, start timing once water is boiling.