Recipe by Rick Young
Peaches with a delicious spicy syrup that is fantastic with vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by KCHomeCook
What a nice refreshing dessert. I used fresh peaches and added a little water and sugar to them as they were cooking to make some syrup. I then added the other ingredients and they were such a nice dessert at the end of the day!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans yellow cling peaches, halves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mace
- 2 cups maple syrup (artificial or real)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain peaches, saving 2 cups of the liquid.
- Put peach halves, with cut side up, in shallow baking pan.
- Combine salt, cinnamon, and mace in bowl.
- Gradually blend in the saved peach liquid, syrup, and butter and pour over peaches.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.