Recipe by Laura O.
A whipped cream layer, a peaches and Jello layer, and a cream cheese layer. I like it because it's a little different than the traditional peach pie, and it tastes great. You can use a store-bought graham cracker crust instead if you like.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Well, I usually like making 9-inch deep dish pies, so I did the same with this recipe & ended up doubling all the ingredients except for the whipped cream (made my own pie crusts), & had an absolutely wonderful pie, with a nice layer of cream cheese & a thick filling of peaches! Would do it just like that again, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (3 ounce) package peach gelatin
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pastry shells, baked (9 inches)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain syrup from peaches into a 2-cup measuring cup.
- Add enough water to measure 1 1/3 cups.
- Chop peaches and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the syrup, brown sugar, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir gelatin into syrup mixture until dissolved.
- Add peaches.
- Refrigerate until partially set, about 40 minutes.
- In a bowl, blend cream cheese and nutmeg.
- Spread over the bottom and up the sides of the crust.
- Pour gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Spread with whipped topping.
- Chill until serving.