Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
As seen in Self Magazine - July 2014. Buttermilk, packed with calcium and probiotics, lends a subtle tanginess to this spice-spiked lassi. Finish with a sprinkle of chopped pistachios for a hit of crunch.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peaches, ripe, quartered and pitted
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk, chilled
- 1 cup ice cube
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peach liqueur
- 2 tablespoons unsalted pistachios, shelled, coarsely chopped
- In a blender, puree peaches, buttermilk, ice cubes, sugar, cardamom, cumin, salt and liqueur, until smooth and frothy.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Divide among 4 glasses and top with pistachios.
- Serve Immediately.