- 1 (1 lb) can peach, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 12 whole cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (3 ounce) package peach Jell-O
- 3⁄4 cup water, cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain peaches, measuring 3/4 cup syrup.
- Chop peaches coarsely.
- Bring syrup, vinegar, sugar and spices slowly to a boil.
- Add peaches, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup and discard cloves.
- Add enough peach juice or water to make 1 cup.
- Dissolve Jello in hot syrup.
- Add cold water (if I have enough peach syrup, I use what I have) and peaches.
- Cool, then pour into mold.
- (The times I made this recipe, I have doubled it.)