Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (1 lb) can peach, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 12 whole cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (3 ounce) package peach Jell-O
- 3⁄4 cup water, cold
- Drain peaches, measuring 3/4 cup syrup.
- Chop peaches coarsely.
- Bring syrup, vinegar, sugar and spices slowly to a boil.
- Add peaches, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup and discard cloves.
- Add enough peach juice or water to make 1 cup.
- Dissolve Jello in hot syrup.
- Add cold water (if I have enough peach syrup, I use what I have) and peaches.
- Cool, then pour into mold.
- (The times I made this recipe, I have doubled it.)
sounds great will have to try!!
I made this with sugar-free jello, peaches in juice instead of syrup, and used Splenda instead of Sugar. It was VERY good. I doubled the recipe and there's only a little bit left tomorrow for my lunch (darn it!) I did add extra cinnamon...I add extra cinnamon to everything.
This was tart,but refreshing.The kids didn't really like it,maybe not sweet enough for them.But I liked it.I will probably make it again when serving adults.