Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled chopped fresh ripe peaches
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated carrot
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8-10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through; cool 15 minutes.
- Stir together flour and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add peaches, next 4 ingredients, and toasted pecans, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely, about 1 hour.