Recipe by startnover
This smells amazing while it cooks! It serves two purposes really, yummy to eat and a great room scent!
Top Review by marshajudkins
I had some yucky textured peaches that I wanted to do something with. I made this pretty close to as written--I never measure anything exactly--and it turned out sooo yummy. The second time I made it, I cut back a little on the spices, but that is just personal preference. It makes the house smell wonderful.
- 8 cups sliced peaches
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup red cinnamon candies (heaping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peaches in blender and pulse till smooth (if you like it a little chunky, just don't pulse as much).
- Place peaches and all other ingredients in a heavy bottom pot.
- Cook on medium to low heat for about 3 hours , the thicker you want it the longer you cook it.
- This can then be processed in a water bath for 5 minutes.
- The amount you end up with is determined by how much you cook it down. I get approximately 6-1/2-7 cups of butter.