Recipe by Sharon123
I got this recipe from The Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cooking, Vol. 8. A great way to use fresh peaches!
Top Review by yibbityibbit
Very good! This will be great on toast all winter. Didn't set very solidly, and I didn't have the whole spices so I just used a very little bit of the ground version of the spices. Can't wait to break open a jar!
- 4 lbs fresh peaches
- 1 quart fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and pit peaches.
- Force through coarse blade of food chopper.
- Wash and pick over berries.
- Combine with peaches in kettle, add water, and bring to boil.
- Cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Tie spices in a cheesecloth bag and add.
- Bring to boil slowly, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Boil rapidly for 10 minutes, or until fruit is clear.
- Remove spice bag.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars, and seal.
- Makes six 8-oz. jars.