I got this recipe from The Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cooking, Vol. 8. A great way to use fresh peaches!
- Peel and pit peaches.
- Force through coarse blade of food chopper.
- Wash and pick over berries.
- Combine with peaches in kettle, add water, and bring to boil.
- Cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Tie spices in a cheesecloth bag and add.
- Bring to boil slowly, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Boil rapidly for 10 minutes, or until fruit is clear.
- Remove spice bag.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars, and seal.
- Makes six 8-oz. jars.