Recipe by SolightlyUK
My mum-in-law got this out of a newspaper (not sure which one) and I made it last night to rave reviews. It's truly delicious -- creamy with a distinctly different taste. It only takes a few minutes to prepare -- great for a week night. When she made it, she used it for an appetizer, but I served it as a main dish. Please note: I accidentally used 2 tablespoons of curry powder instead of the 2 teaspoons called for and we loved it! Admittedly, it is a very mild curry powder.
Top Review by Jo C
This isn't bad, but I used home-made curry powder and it was very strong! I'd halve it next time, but you might be OK if yours is less fresh. I used vegetable stock (being vegetarian) and I'd say it only makes 2 or 3 serves, unless you're having something else with it. It's certainly very easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (or more!)
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 500 g frozen petits pois
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat creme fraiche or 2 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and gently fry onions and garlic for 10 minutes or until golden and soft.
- Stir in curry powder and fry for further 3 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the frozen petit pois and return to the boil.
- Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes until the peas are melting soft.
- Puree the soup in food processor or liquidizer.
- Return to clean pan, season to taste with salt& pepper and stir in creme fraiche (or sour cream) and serve.
- Can be frozen.