Prep 4 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make these only if you are a curry-lover and must use dry roasted peanuts only. These can be made up to 4 days in advance and stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together all seasonings except the salt, add to the skillet and stir with a wooden spoon until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add in peanuts and stir until coated (about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the peanuts to a large baking sheet.
- Bake peanuts until golden brown and almost dry, stirring occasionally (about 15 minutes).
- Remove baking sheet and season with salt.
- Transfer to paper towels.
I made these as a Christmas present. The recipe is very easy, and they are tasty too. I have to keep swatting my husband away from the present box ;-) Thanks for posting!
Oh yeah.. we love these peanuts. I first got the recipe a long time ago from Bon Appetit Magazine. I make these nuts every year for Christmas presents. I package them in pretty 12-ounce quilted jelly jars with a nice fabric top and ribbon on them. Everyone loves them. Well.. you have to like spicy stuff but most of my friends love them. Keep a jar in your car for when that snacking urge hits you. A keeper for sure!
This is an easy to prepare recipe with ingredients you are likely to have on hand. They smell wonderful coming out of the oven. I prepared these nuts for a hospitality room and to be honest, they did not go over very well. The guests thought they had an odd taste, and felt they would have been better without the curry powder. I ended up bringing them home and setting them out in the shop, but in the end, they were discarded as they too thought the curry powder didn't blend well with the other flavours. I will seek out a different roasted nut recipe, but send thanks to Kittencal for posting.