1/1 Photo of Spiced Parsnip Soup
Like soup? Want a winter warmer? Comfort food that is quick easy and filling? Love the taste of the good ole underated parsnip? If you answered yes to all 4 questions...... then this is the soup for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 1 parsnip, peeled, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- chopped flat leaf parsley, to serve
- 1Heat a little oil in a saucepan add onions and garlic, Heat through until onions are tender and transparent in colour. Remove onions/garlic from the pan and set aside.
- 2Add parsnip to the used saucepan amd cook, stirring occasionally until browned. (A little more oil may be needed in the pan).
- 3Add the onion/garlic mix back to saucepan and add the spices, stir in well and cook for a further minute or until fragrant.
- 4Add the wine amd stir until any brown deposits on the side or bottom of the pan are removed and mixed into the wine. (deglaze the pan) then add chicken stock. Simmer for 5 minutes or until parsnip is tender.
- 5Add sour cream and using a stick blender or processor ~ process mix until the soup until smooth.
- 6Season with salt and pepper (optional).
- 7Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Parsnip Soup
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 136.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: