Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different and slightly sweeter take on the original - just wonderful for canapes and nibbles. Serve with tahini cream sauce or houmous loosened with greek yoghurt. This started life as a Sophie Grigson recipe
- Boil parsnips until tender.
- Drain and mash well.
- Mix with rest of ingredients except oil and sesame seeds.
- Taste and season well.
- Chill in fridge until firm (approx 2 hours).
- Shape into small balls, coat with sesame seeds.
- Fry for 2-3 mins each side until golden brown.
I have reviewed without stars here as I didn't really like it but it was nothing to do with the recipe. They are very easy to make and the instructions are clear. We just found them very plain. We tried them with the suggested sauce but it masked the taste totally. They are also very very soft, not like falafel at all. We wouldn't do this again but that was just personal taste, they were very nice when served as "crispy mash" with veggie sausages