Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Thick, creamy, and spicy, this drink is very popular in Northern Chad(Central Africa) and is refreshing and healthy. I substituted almond milk, but you can use coconut, rice or soy milk, or use dairy milk. It's all good!
- 4 cups cubed papayas (if fresh is unavailable you can use 2 cans, drained)
- 2 cups almond milk (or coconut or rice milk-original recipe used dairy milk)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 pinch ground ginger (or use fresh ginger, grated)
- 1 -2 cup ice, as desired
- Place cubed papaya along with spices(start with just a little and add more to taste) into the blender.
- Pour in cold milk with ice to make as thin or thick as you like it.
- Blend till nice and smooth.
- Great to cool off with!