Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
lightly spiced and pan-fried fish fillets. If following a gluten-free diet, check spices used a gf suitable. Use bream or any firm white fish fillets for this recipe. A quick fish dish. Serve with a salad or chips and a lemon wedge
- 4 teaspoons rice flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 white fish fillets (approx 800 grams)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine the rice flour and spices in a wide bowl.
- Add the fish and rub the spice mixture all over the fish.
- Heat the olive all in a large frying pan.
- Cook fish in a single layer, until browned and cooked as desired.
- You may need to cook the fish in batches.
Bought some perch fillets here, they went very well with the spices, a very nice combination indeed. Made for a very nice quick meal. usually dont eat much fish, but this was out of this world. Made for Best of 2012.
First thing hubby said...this is delicious!...So easy to prepare and we loved the spice flavor...I used tilapia and the fish came out so moist and tender...made for the "Best of 2012" tag game...thanks for posting a keeper of a recipe...:)
Made as directed with a full spice serving and a half serving of thick cod fillets. Simple to make and very delicious. This is an after work special for our family -- on the table in a flash! Thanks, Jubes. Made for my swap mate in Group 2 in the Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap.