This is a delightful fruit dessert topping that I found on Tour Egypt. I think it would be marvelous on a simple bread pudding as well as the suggested ice cream or cake. Use your imagination :D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Add raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, allspice and ginger.
- 3Simmer over medium heat about 10 minutes until syrup is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- 4Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- 5Cut peel and pith from oranges.
- 6Slice oranges into 1/2 inch rounds.
- 7Cut rounds into halves or quarters and place in medium bowl.
- 8Pour cooled raisins and syrup over oranges and stir gently.
- 9Chill 2 hours or overnight.Serve over ice cream or cake.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Oranges & Raisins (Al Burtugal Wal Zabib Al Mutabal -
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: