Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Why not cool off this summer with the fresh taste of spiced oranges and ice cream? This would be a great ending to a summer barbecue or pool party and presents beautifully in the orange shell. The dessert can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the freezer and fridge until you're ready to serve it.
- 3 medium oranges
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 3.69 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml raisins
- 709.78 ml vanilla ice cream
- Making zigzag edges, cut the oranges in half.
- Cut out all the orange pulp, scraping it out with a spoon if necessary.
- Rinse the shells, dry them and put in the freezer.
- Remove the seeds and white membrane from the orange pulp.
- Combine the orange pulp, sugar, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon and raisins in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring; boil gently until slightly thickened.
- Cover and chill.
- Remove the shells from the freezer and fill with a scoop of ice cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve the dessert, place each orange shell in a small dish.
- Spoon the spiced orange syrup over the ice cream.
Yum! This dessert would be great year round-the spices are perfect. I served this with the sauce a little warmed. Love it. Thanks!
This is delicious! I love the combination of orange and spices. And what lovely presentation! I served this over frozen rice milk for a refreshing and different dessert. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for a great recipe, Dreamgoddess.