1/1 Photo of Spiced Orange Sundaes
Why not cool off this summer with the fresh taste of spiced oranges and ice cream? This would be a great ending to a summer barbecue or pool party and presents beautifully in the orange shell. The dessert can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the freezer and fridge until you're ready to serve it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Making zigzag edges, cut the oranges in half.
- 2Cut out all the orange pulp, scraping it out with a spoon if necessary.
- 3Rinse the shells, dry them and put in the freezer.
- 4Remove the seeds and white membrane from the orange pulp.
- 5Combine the orange pulp, sugar, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon and raisins in a saucepan.
- 6Bring to a boil, stirring; boil gently until slightly thickened.
- 7Cover and chill.
- 8Remove the shells from the freezer and fill with a scoop of ice cream.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- 10To serve the dessert, place each orange shell in a small dish.
- 11Spoon the spiced orange syrup over the ice cream.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Orange Sundaes
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.9
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 57.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 48.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g