Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Pop this one-dish wonder in the oven for Sunday lunch and you'll be able to relax while it becomes infused with a delicious citrus flavour. I'd probably whisk the juice mixture together before adding it to the chicken, just to make sure the honey is well incorporated. Prep time is 15 mins plus 1 hour marinating time. Use 5 tablespoons to measure 80ml. Source: Australian Good Taste magazine September 2006
- 1 1⁄4 kg chicken thigh fillets
- 80 ml fresh orange juice
- 80 ml honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- fresh chives, finely chopped, to serve
- Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish.
- Add the orange juice, honey, oil, garlic, coriander, cumin and turmeric and gently toss until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place the sliced orange over the top of the chicken.
- Roast in the oven, basting with pan juices, for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Place on a serving platter and top with chives to serve.
Wow! Easy to prepare and a great result. The chicken was tender & moist and the sauce was a beautiful balance of flavours. I made a little extra marinade as I had extra fillets (by using 100mls of honey & orange juice) and then slightly thickened with cornflour prior to serving. Following the recipe quantities would probably be perfect! I will definitely make this again as all the family thought it was a great success. Thanks so much for the recipe. I recommend it for everyone to give it a try.