Recipe by Sassy in da South
This is not your traditional pot roast but is a nice change of pace. We tried this for the first time yesterday and was pleased with the spicy flavour.
- 4 -5 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups orange sections, with juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat slowly on both sides in hot butter or oil.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce, orange sections, honey and grated rind over meat. Sprinkle with salt, spices and pepper.
- Cover and cook slowly until meat is tender, about 2 hours longer.
- Transfer to heated serving platter.
- Garnish, if desired, with orange slices and wedges, watercress or parsley.