Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful and very easy recipe for the holidays! I found it in Taste of Home Magazine. If you decide to prepare a double batch, please make sure you spread in only a single layer on the baking sheet. It is important that these pecans dry as they bake to become crispy. I hope you enjoy this recipe. I think it is a real treat!
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 5 cups pecan halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites and orange juice.
- Add pecan halves and toss to coat; drain well.
- In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add pecans halves and toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in a greased 15" x 10" baking pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until dry and lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 5 cups.
Superb gingerbread and orange flavored pecans!
Loved it! Easy to make, and easier to eat the whole thing if your not careful.
Oh, man...these are so incredible! I tried the same preparation with pecans, walnuts, and almonds, and they were all amazing (my personal favorite was the almond version). The orange scent filling my apartment was a great fringe benefit to the recipe, too. Thanks for sharing!