In 'Cake Keeper Cakes' by Lauren Chattman
Make and share this Spiced Orange and Cranberry Snacking Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml cake flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml grated orange zest
- 236.59 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and dust it with flour, knocking out any extra.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cloves in a bowl.
- Combine the sour cream, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla in a large glass measuring cup and lightly beat.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and cream with an electric mixer on med-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice as necessary; stir in the orange zest.
- With the mixer on med-low, pour the egg mixture into the bowl in a slow stream, stopping the mixer once or twice to scrape down the sides.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- After the last addition, mix for 30 seconds on medium speed; stir in the cranberries.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; bake for 35-40 minutes, until the cake is golden and a pick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, invert it onto a wire rack, and then turn it right side up again to cool completely.
- Cut into 9 squares and serve; store uneaten squares in a cake keeper or wrap in plastic and store at room temperature for 3 days.