1/1 Photo of Spiced Orange and Cranberry Snacking Cake
1 hr 25 mins
In 'Cake Keeper Cakes' by Lauren Chattman
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and dust it with flour, knocking out any extra.
- 2Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cloves in a bowl.
- 3Combine the sour cream, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla in a large glass measuring cup and lightly beat.
- 4Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and cream with an electric mixer on med-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice as necessary; stir in the orange zest.
- 5With the mixer on med-low, pour the egg mixture into the bowl in a slow stream, stopping the mixer once or twice to scrape down the sides.
- 6Turn the mixer to low speed and add the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- 7After the last addition, mix for 30 seconds on medium speed; stir in the cranberries.
- 8Transfer batter to prepared pan; bake for 35-40 minutes, until the cake is golden and a pick comes out clean.
- 9Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, invert it onto a wire rack, and then turn it right side up again to cool completely.
- 10Cut into 9 squares and serve; store uneaten squares in a cake keeper or wrap in plastic and store at room temperature for 3 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Orange and Cranberry Snacking Cake
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.7
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g