Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Served warm these zesty olives make a great appetizer, perfect for a tapas party. Source: Dana McCauley "Pantry Raid" a recipe served in the Toronto restaurant, Pangaea.
- 1 tablespoon fruity olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 cups large green olives
- 2 cups kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon coarsely grated lemon peel
- Over medium heat, warm oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Remove garlic and discard
- Add rosemary, thyme and hot pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add olives, continue to stir and cook for only 2 or 3 minutes, just until until olives are warm.
- Stir in lemon peel.
- Serve and enjoy!
I made these on new years but i didn't care for dried herbs in it.Made it over the weekend with fresh herbs much better.
I LOVE these. i did add a bit more EVOO than was called for cause i like it like that.
This was good. I used olives stuffed with garlic, ones stuffed with jalapenos and pitted kalamata (I get carried away and always bite into the pit otherwise). The flavors were there, just make sure you use a really good olive oil.