Recipe by Elly in Canada
Served warm these zesty olives make a great appetizer, perfect for a tapas party. Source: Dana McCauley "Pantry Raid" a recipe served in the Toronto restaurant, Pangaea.
- 1 tablespoon fruity olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 cups large green olives
- 2 cups kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon coarsely grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, warm oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Remove garlic and discard
- Add rosemary, thyme and hot pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add olives, continue to stir and cook for only 2 or 3 minutes, just until until olives are warm.
- Stir in lemon peel.
- Serve and enjoy!