Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can use chocolate chips in place of raisins.
Make and share this Spiced Oatmeal Raisin-Nut Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons maple extract (or 1 tablespoon vanilla)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup golden raisin (or chocolate chips)
- Set oven to 350°.
- Light grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Add in eggs and extract, and beat until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg and cloves.
- Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add in oats, nuts and raisins; mix until blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet about 2-inches apart, then flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 8 minutes for a soft cookie (bake longer for a more crunchy cookie).