Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Oatmeal isn't just for breakfast anymore, thanks to this warm and cozy treat. Try it as a quick pick-me-up any time of day. Microwaving the mix maks it a snap to whip up. From Taste of Home Good Foods for Kids! who credits Loretta Kleinjan - Volga, South Dakota.
- 8 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- TO PREPARE OATMEAL: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup in a deep microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup oatmeal mix and 1 cup water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly, stirring every 30 seconds. Let stand for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Editor's Note: Recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.