1/2 Photos of Spiced Oatmeal Crispies
The pepper is optional but good to add in, it compliments the other spices! Plan ahead the dough needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours before baking or up to 24 hours, the dough may also be frozen if desired.
My Private Note
doz (ap ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (you can add in up to 1/2 teaspoon for more of a kick!) (optional)
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 -3 teaspoons maple extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional) or 1 1/2 cups pecans (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly grease baking sheet/s.
- 3In a bowl combine the flour with next 7 ingredients.
- 4In another bow beat together 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter with brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- 5Add in eggs; beat until combined.
- 6Add in the flour mixture and the oats; mix until just combined.
- 7Mix in chopped nuts (if using).
- 8Chill the dough for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 9Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking/cookie sheet (leave enough room between each cookie as these will spread while baking).
- 10Bake for about 10 minutes or until crisp.
- 11Cool in pan for 3 minutes then remove with a spatula to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Oatmeal Crispies
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 74.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 1.2 g