1/1 Photo of Spiced Nutty Cookie Crackle
These paper thin cookie cakes redefine what a brownie can be. They are not too sweet, and very chocolaty, with a bit of a spice kick to them. These are definitely an adult treat, great with coffee or a cup of tea. Remember, do not grease or butter the baking pan, as the proportion of butter to flour is so delicately balanced, that added fat on the pan can cause the batter to split; besides, these cookies never stick! These are worth making.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 375°F.
- 2Prepare an ungreased non-stick 10x15-inch jellyroll pan.
- 3In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 4Add in the chocolate, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper.
- 5Remove from the heat, and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- 6Stir in the sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth.
- 7Stir in the flour; beat well.
- 8Pour, and scape the batter into an UNGREASED prepared jellyroll pan, and tilt the pan back and forth, allowing the batter to flow into a thin even layer across the pan.
- 9Scatter the ground nuts evenly over the top.
- 10Bake for 10 minutes, or until the layer is JUST set.
- 11Remove from the oven; cool on a rack for 20 minutes.
- 12Cut or break into 2 dozen rough-shaped pieces (as you would the same for nut brittle).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Nutty Cookie Crackle
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 37.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g