Recipe by Barb G.
These are great for the holidays. Good for a diabetic or low carb diet. I found this recipe on the internet.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free syrup (caramel or vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 1 lb nuts, of choice
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and sugar free syrup in a large skillet; stir while it heats.
- Add nuts; cook over low heat stirring constantly until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Mix Splenda and spices together; sprinkle over nuts stir coating evenly.
- Spread mixture into a release foil lined cookie sheet pan.
- Bake at 300°F oven for 25 to 40 minutes time depends on type of nuts used--just be careful not to burn them.
- Cool completely before indulging; store in covered container.