Recipe by DiWriter
Cravings can be a good thing. I was craving something sweet, savory and nutty. I had something similar once, and I just took a chance on flavors that I knew worked well together. Great on salad with dried cranberries and feta cheese
Top Review by L DJ
These are so good in a salad, I tried your cranberry and feta cheese but included some chunks of grilled chicken breast, drizzled it with honey mustard dressing. OH SO YUMMY. Thanks for sharing.
- 29.58 ml Smart Balance butter spread
- 236.59 ml shelled pecans
- 4.92 ml garam masala or 4.92 ml indian curry powder
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2.46 ml brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick skillet, melt the margarine.
- Turn heat to low.
- Add the spices and mix gently until they start to smell lightly toasted.
- Add nuts and stir to coat.
- Add salt and stir to mix inches.
- Add sugar and stir until melted.
- Continue tossing the nuts in the margarine/spice mixture for another minute, or until you can smell a toasted pecan aroma.
- Turn onto a cookie sheet or plate to cool. You probably won't be able to wait long before you eat these gems!