Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty snack inspired by Chef Michele Cranston. Very easy to play around with the type of nuts etc that you add. This is just what we like to munch on.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces mixed nuts, blanched peanuts, and
- 12 ounces almonds, and
- 12 ounces sunflower seeds, and
- 12 ounces pretzels
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 315°F
- Place all the spices in a spice grinder, blender or small processor and grind to a fine powder.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and mix through the nuts and sea salt.
- Add the olive oil. Mix well and spread out on a lightly greased (sprayed) baking tray.
- Bake for 10 -15 minutes, or until the nuts have coloured a little. Allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.